There is nothing more rewarding, and perhaps exciting, than taking up the task of furnishing your home. The best thing about it is that you are able to express your own personality throughout the different rooms of your house in in a myriad of ways. French style theme decoration has been one of the most stylish furnishing themes used by homeowners with taste. In this article, we will give you a few tips on how to give your home a French provincial look while also incorporating timber floors.
• Timber floors painted with white greatly help in creating a French country cottage feel to your living room. Also, a chandelier might also come in handy to add a touch of glamour. For high-quality timber floors and hardwood installation, you can look online and pick the best timber floor contractor you can find.
• You can mix French and industrial look by restoring old finds and giving them a fresh twist. For example, you can take an old baker’s shelf, cop it in half and stain it with black then fill it with books, magazines and other reading materials.
• Create an elegant living room through neutral base and rich dark-painted timber floors. You can also add some decorative plaster (for example, with roses for the artwork) for your walls. Little touches can also make a difference, like homemade linen cushions in blue, white and red. This gives a rustic touch and a sense of history on your living room thereby creating a French ambience.
• In your kitchen, a double butler’s sink paired with high-quality tap ware can also be a great idea in creating a timeless feel in this area. You can also add some timber touches on the furnishings and flooring. Couple this with proper lighting and your kitchen area would look perfectly French.
• In the dining area, pendant lights are a nod to French industrial style. While having an accent chair in your dining room provides comfort, white painted walls will add a sense of space while black-painted timber flooring will add warmth.
• Create a comfortable and sophisticated bedroom by having crisp white bedding on your beds. Adding a chandelier in the bedrooms will adds a luxurious feel, while vintage light fittings can also be a great addition to give a unique feel. An old door that you can buy cheaply in secondhand stores can also be a beautiful corner feature in your bedroom. Rattan baskets can also be a great addition for they are reminiscent of French countryside living. If you’re feeling crafty, you can use lettering stencils to spray paint black labels on each and give it a fresh twist.
• Add captivating French inspired outdoor setting in your garden to have a chic and relaxing outdoor space. You can place ‘Bella’ chairs with a marble and cast iron table. You should also put cushions on your chairs for comfort and a few green plants on the table to achieve a perfect outdoor French bistro setting.
Use the tips we have given you above and you will achieve a truly French affair type of décor in your home so much so that you would not want to leave home!